Sunday, November 8, 2009

Training/Fundraising Update - Part VII

What a long week! The worst thing about having Crohn's is one day you feel fine and then the next not so much.

Over the last week I've dealt with more pain than I've experienced in the past. It's sharp stabbing pain that comes and goes. I've really had to watch what I eat and drink this week since some things seem to make it worse. For example, I have suddenly developed lactose intolerance. The worst part is I have been SO tired. Most nights I've gone to bed between 8 and 9 and not woken up until 6. Also, I missed one training session and had to cut another one short, which was really hard for me to accept. I make every effort not to miss training or practice.

So, I think I'm going to call my doctor. I've been thinking about it for the last several weeks, I just have been putting it off. I'm trying to avoid having to take any kind of medication or having more tests, but I may just have to suck it up and deal.

OK, so the good news is that I finished the Phoenix New Times 10K today. It was a tough haul and at one point I seriously thought about cutting it short, but I didn't. I pushed through despite nausea and pain the last three miles.

I know, I know!! Enough whining already! Here's a few pics from the event.







I'm staying positive that this next week will be better. I'm excited to participate in the Aflac Iron Girl 3K next Sunday. My hope is that I'll do better in that race.

Well, ciao for now friends. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment