Saturday, September 12, 2009

Training/Fundraising Update - Part I

So I'm starting my fourth week of training. I have a preset schedule that consists of somewhat heavy training Monday through Wednesday, off Thursday, light training Friday, team training on Saturday, and Sunday off. I've been doing a short walk/run and weights on Thursday and Sunday and starting Monday I have rowing classes twice a week.

So how am I doing?

Awesome!! In the last week I have decreased my time by two minutes. I'm not running much, but that will take some time. My lungs are not conditioned yet. Anyhow, I went from a 17 minute mile to a 15 minute mile. Once I add more running, my time will get much better. A two minute improvement in a week seems huge, so I'm pretty happy.

As far as fund raising, I have received three donations so far. I've only sent out emails via Facebook, so once I start my letter writing and other emails the donations should really pick up. I will be holding a fund raising event in early October at Nello's Pizza in Scottsdale. I owe my sis and her fiance a big thanks for helping me with this. Stay tuned for more updates and details on the event.

So that's it -- my first post. Check back for more updates and pictures of training. Thanks so much for all your support!!

No comments:

Post a Comment