Saturday, September 19, 2009

Training/Fundraising Update - Part II

It's the start of week five and I'm so excited. Week four went great - I put in 18 miles which was such a milestone! I went from being totally sedentary to logging twelve plus miles a week. After all the months of feeling sick and going from one prescription to the next I can't believe I have made such progress in just four weeks.

Oh, I had to post these pics. At Granada Park where we have our team practices there are a number of geese. Well these geese were intent on being part of the group coaching session...





The greatest part of my week was rowing class. I'm not sure if anyone else has taken rowing, but it is so fun! We didn't get out on the lake, but did get on a boat at the dock for rowing practice. On Monday we will take the boat out and I can't wait. Who knows, maybe if I continue to love it as much as I do now I'll end up joining a team.

Fund raising isn't going as well as I had hoped for. Our recommit date is mid-October and then November 19th is when they charge my credit card for what ever amount is uncollected. I've not given up faith that I will make my goal and then some! If you plan to donate, please try to get your donation in before the 19th of Nov. and if you work for Pru I will provide a pre-filled matching gifts form for you to submit. Just remember to print a copy of your receipt if you donate online.

One more thing...if any of my friends/family are interested in going to Vegas to cheer me on I can get you an AMAZING deal on a room at the MGM Grand!! Let me know and I will make sure to get you the info.

Wishing everyone a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment